Thursday, February 6, 2014

Well, hello!

Hi there! Welcome to my new little blog! I've tried blogging before, but really didn't have  a focus point and had trouble sticking to it. I thought about it for awhile and realized I need a blog that doesn't really require one main focus or goal. I needed something that lets me be a little bit of everything! Why? Because I have many things that I like to do and many hats that I wear. Just like everyone, I am a complex person with many interests and responsibilities. 

So who am I? 

I'm a Catholic. Born and raised cradle Catholic here. I love my faith. I am always learning new things about Catholicism and enjoy sharing them, so there may be some of that in this blog. 
I'm a mother. Mother of 3, actually. 2 girls and a boy ages 6, 5, and 3. I absolutely adore those little boogers. So many of my writings will likely be associated with them and my adventures in motherhood. 
I'm a wife. I've been married 7 years to my sweet husband. We've been through tons of life lessons, good times, and bad times together with hopefully many many more to come. I'm sure he'll be mentioned every now and then ;-) 
I am a gardener. I love having my hands in the dirt and working in my flower beds. The best part is seeing the beauty that comes forth when everything blooms. My goal this year is to take on vegetable gardening as well. We'll see how that goes! 
I love home projects and crafts. I don't always have time to do as much as I want, but I love it nonetheless. When I do complete a project, I'm certainly proud of it enough that I'll post it! 
I'm a Registered Nurse (RN). I have been a nurse for 5 years with my most recent 2 years as a Mother/Baby Postpartum nurse. I love my job. I work full time on the night shift, so for 3 nights a week I leave my family to work 12 hours, 7pm to 7am. It can be exhausting on that schedule, but I like what I do and it's worth it. 
I'm a human being. You're thinking "yea... Duh?", but I say this because I am full of emotions, thoughts, and faults. We all are. I will write and post some of who I am for all to read because I want to. I want to share and connect because I enjoy it.  And if you do happen to read this little blog, just remember there is a real person behind this screen. If there's something I post that you don't agree with or don't like, talk with me about it! I love lively discussion! But let's be kind and not hurtful. We're all just people, no more, no less. 

Thanks for joining me! 
      Me with my oldest baby, Grace 

Until next time, 

God bless! 
~ Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 01 09 10