Thursday, February 6, 2014

Crate shelves

I have a strange love for crates. You read that right. Crates. Plain pine crates or old fashioned apple crates. I even found old ammunition crates in my husband's grandfather's storage barn. I'm still trying to convince him to let me have them...

Anyhow, about a month ago I was strolling through Wal Mart for something minuscule like milk or toilet paper ( does anyone else go through that as fast as we do???) when what did my eyes fall upon? Crates!! Plain pine crates. My mind was racing for a reason to buy them when I thought of making book shelves for the kids' rooms. They had horrible processed wood shelves that were wobbly and barely still standing from years ago.  

So I bought 6 of them. 
Those were fun taking out to the car. 

I decided that I would make 3 crate shelf units. 
3 of the plain crates. Logan in the background working with his toy tools. 

The first set of 3 I painted white with pretty colors on the back of the inside. They came out beautiful and fun, perfect for the girls' room! 



Hailee and Grace with their new shelves. Yes, Hailee is wearing her rosary. 
The crates are secured in the back with 2 thin strips of wood on either side of the back screwed into them. They are very sturdy and just so darn cute! 

The next set of 3 I decided to stain and put in our room. We secured them the same way and this is how they turned out: 

I love them! They are so me. 

I'll post another time about the crate shelves I put on the walls in the bathroom...

I may have a crate problem. A great crate problem. 

Until next time, 
Be blessed! 
~ Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 01 09 10